1. Locate CRNs.
To add a course to your schedule, you need its CRN (Course Reference Number).
The same course may be offered at multiple times; a unique CRN is assigned to each course section. After doing a course search, be sure to note its CRN.
2. Search for courses.
Prior to your registration start date, you may browse the course offerings. In jwuLink, go to the Academics page > Course Registration > Register for courses > Browse Courses.
On your registration date go to jwuLink, the Academics page > Course Registration > Register for courses > Register for Courses. Select the appropriate term and continue. Click Advanced Search to Begin.
Be sure to select your campus.*
Online Program Students
To search for courses select an Attribute Type of “Online for Online student.”
*Providence Campus Students
While Providence campus students may have the option of selecting courses at both the Downcity and Harborside campuses, students must allow sufficient time to travel between campuses. If classes are back-to-back from one campus to the other, we recommend changing your schedule. You will NOT have enough travel time. There is only a 15-minute break between class meeting times. Please review class attendance policies and plan accordingly.
3. On-campus students may enroll inonline courses.
JWU offers a select number of online courses to undergraduate students enrolled at the Providence, North Miami and Denver campuses.
Before you register an online course, review course delivery, coursework and grading FAQs to see if taking an online class is right for you.
Not all online courses are available to register, which is why you should follow these search instructions:
- Attribute Type: select "Online for on campus student"
4. Search for electives.
Important: Before registering an elective, make sure you meet its prerequisites and requirements!
- Campus: select your campus
- Attribute Type: select the applicable elective option
5. Be sure you meet course prerequisites and requirements.
Most courses have prerequisites, special instructions or restrictions. Some CRNs for the same course might be setup exclusively for a certain college, major, or class year.
So, after doing a search, it’s important to:
- Review results for class meeting day, time, and instructor
- Click each course title link.
- Select the different tabs for the course to review its full details.
- Make a list of the CRNs you plan to register.
6. Search and schedule baking or culinary lab courses.
If you are not registering for an entire rotation of labs, you must visit or contact Student Academic Services to register.
For locations, hours and contact information for each campus Student Academic Services Office, please consult the JWU Directory.
- Search for one of your lab course requirements
- Click the course title
- Click Corequisites tab
- Record all Corequisite CRNs that are listed then close the window
- Click the enter CRN tab and add all CRN’s
- All CRNs must be added to your schedule at the same time (you will get an "Errors Preventing Registration" message if you try to schedule them one-by-one)
7. Add CRNs to your schedule.
If you're still on the results page, click “Add”. This will move your course selection to the Summary panel (note the course status is pending). To officially register for a course, you must click “Submit” in the Summary panel and wait for confirmation.
If CRN(s) are known, in jwuLink, go to the Academics page > Course Registration > Register for courses > Register for Courses. Remember to select the correct term. Enter the CRNs then click “Add to Summary”. The course will now appear in the Summary panel (note the course status is pending). To officially register the course, you must click “Submit” in the Summary panel and wait for confirmation.
8. Review course selections carefully.
If you are not allowed to register for a CRN, you will get an “Errors Preventing Registration” message.
Read the reason and re-review the CRN’s requirements by clicking the course title and reviewing the different tabs for the course to review its full details.
9. Be prepared when a CRN you want is closed.
There is a limited number of seats available in each CRN. At some point, you will not be able to register for a CRN because it is full. Have several backup and alternate choices available to register. If available, add yourself to a CRN’s waitlist.
10. Consider the waitlist option when a CRN is closed.
Not all courses have a waitlist option. Follow the normal process to add a CRN (question 7). If a waitlist seat is available, you will have the option to click “Add”. To officially add to the waitlist, in the “Summary” panel click on the action dropdown next to the course, select "Waitlisted" then click “Submit”.
- Register for a backup course because a seat may never become available. If a seat opens, you can drop the backup course and add the waitlist course.
- If a seat becomes available, you will be notified via JWU email. Check your email frequently, including during holidays, breaks and weekends. The emailed will include instructions on how to register.
- You only have 24 hours to add the course to your schedule – waitlists are managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
11. View view your official schedule.
12. Know how to make changes to your schedule.
- Review the full add/drop policy.
- If adding a CRN, make sure you can add the new course (question 7); also, when adding, you are accountable for any classes missed. Generally, adding a course is allowed up to a course’s second class meeting.
- If dropping a CRN, select “Web Drop” from the action dropdown and Submit Changes (note: you cannot add the CRN back if it becomes closed). Add/drop is turned off shortly after a term starts. If you cannot add/drop online, visit or email Student Academic Services.